Thursday, July 12, 2012

My Annual Adventure Week, Part 2

To Hendersonville we go!

       Well here it is, July 3rd, time to go to Lindsey and Jason's new home in Hendersonville!! I haven't even seen the house yet so I'm very excited to go up there for over a week!!The car ride it's self was quite interesting. Stopping every thirty minutes for Reece. (See, he just started potty training and he was wearing big boy underwear. So, easy to say, we weren't taking any risks!) So even though they moved like 3 1/2 hours closer, it still took us about 5 1/2 hours to get home!
So  my first night there, we went to Red Robin for dinner! It was very delicious! Lindsey and I split something, of course, and Reece was a hoot like usual. Pretty good night!

OK- July 4th!!! (Fun fact: Without directly planning it, I have been with Lindsey on July 4th for the past 3 or 4 years!) So, I get up with Reece at 6:30, as usual when I'm with them, make some coffee, put in a movie for him and read until they get up! We had breakfast then decided to go to the neighborhood pool. (nicest neighborhood i have ever seen) We swam for a little over an hour. Lindsey and I got to tan (for our annual summer tan competition), Jason played the social butterfly meeting interesting neighbors and Reece just swam with his little noodle! Mclaine (I'll often refer to her as Sooka!) just slept most of the time! After that, we went home cleaned up, then Lindsey and I decided to go to Sam's to get stuff for a 4th Cook-Out! ( Since L and J just moved to the area, they don't know a lot of people, so we just did a family thing this year!) So we came home to start cooking while Jason did the steaks. Last minute we decided to make chocolate covered strawberries!! YUM!! We had steak, loaded potato skins, white cheese dip and chips, and fresh corn! Later that night when the kids were in bed, L, J, and I went to the bonus room and watched Country Strong. We had cheese-cake bites and strawberries! We did good! Ha

Thursday was just a relax and play day!! Here are some pics! 

 Reece is trying to share his Woody obsession with Mclaine a little too early, dontcha think?






Trying to recreate a pic of me when i was a baby. Boots and underwear....every child's dream!


Then came the weekend, Time to go back to our old home...Danville, Ky!!!! We got to stay with Reece's Kentucky family...the Lanhams!! His PopPops and Kelly! We got there on Friday night and ate at Cracker Barrel with Mark(PopPops)! Then, there was Saturday, and you dont know busy until you try to see all your friends in one day! Ha We had Breakfast at the Lanham's then we had brunch with the Ladds. Their old pastor's family. We are very close to them. Then we went to Subway with Kelli Float and her 3 daughters and sat in there for almost 2 1/2 hours! Ha! Then, we went to the pool at the Country Club with Heather and Pete Marra, their two sons, Peter and Max, and heather's cousin Carina! That was Fun! Ha then we all went back to the house to get ready for dinner with The Four! The Four is four couples that have gotten very close over the past 3 years. Consists of The Millers, Marras, Ladds, and the Martins! Also, all their children, and about once or twice a year...Me! We went to Guadalajara...or Guadalahut for dinner! (There are 3 Gauds in Danville..so we have nicknames for all 3 so we know which one we are talking about. Guadalamart because its near walmart, Dirty-Guad..cause its crappy and Gaudalahut because it used to be a pizza hut!) Anyway, after that, we went to the Marras so that Pete and Jason could practice piano together for fun! Sunday we went to our old church and then had Lunch with Mark Lanham and Kelly before we had to go! At church we heard Rana Samuel, a missionary in India speak and share how their share the gospel in a 90% hindu country! very interesting! Then we went back to Hendersonville!

Monday and Tuesday mainly consisted of us unpacking some boxes, cleaning the house, and getting ready to say goodbye:( Oh and Me raiding Lindsey's closet for some cute clothes to take back home with me!) Monday we took Reece to the Rain Forest Cafe! It was a treat for him being in big boy underwear for a month!( ironically he went in his pants twice the next day!) L and J waited until I was there so I could be a part of it and I am so glad that they did! He was so excited! He was jumping around and looking at the animals the whole time! It didn't freak him out at all! He even touched the elephant's trunk to prove he was brave!  Mclaine however, didn't like when it would "storm"! Her eyes would get so wide when the lights would flicker on and off! So hilarious! We thought there was going to be a light show at the hotel at 9. So after dinner we walked all the way over to the hotel, just to fund out it was cancelled because of some meeting! Oh well, good exercise! ha! We walked around and got some ice cream then headed back home! 



 











Tuesday was  my last day and I didn't want to do anything special, despite what Lindsey Thought. I just wanted to be there. So we just had a nice morning then went shopping a little. Got a red box for that night. Jason Cooked out for my last night! We had steak, salad, and baked potatoes! It was delicious! Hah Then the kids went to bed! Lindsey and I watched Jack and Jill with some cheese-cake bites. (That movie was terrible!) Meanwhile, Jason helped proof my resume! ha He is really good at it! We went to bed, it was hard for me to sleep, knowing it was my last night there for a while! :(  Reece got me up the next morning..again! It was a pleasant morning. Lindsey and I got the car and the kids ready and we pulled out of the driveway at 9:09 am. Went to chick-fila and Starbucks for breakfast, returned our movie and hit the road!  Took us awhile to get home...again! We stopped in Barlett to have lunch with my aunt and my mom on the way to Southaven. It was fun! I went to church last night while Lindsey and the kids stayed home for a family dinner. Came home, Watched Fresh Prince with L then went to bed. 

Then came this morning...goodbye! Of course, Reece and I played like 5 year olds. Jumping around, chasing each other, and tickle fights. Mclaine was asleep through all this. Lindsey and my mom talked books for a while too. When it came time for them to hit the road...it got hard! But They will be back in a few weeks so I have something to look forward to! It was a great week and I am looking forward to more adventures in Hendersonville with the Millers! Love you!!

On the way back to Southaven!









No comments: