Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Backing it up: Anna Kate And I hit Atlanta!

Anna Kate and Macy:
A trip to Never forget
As you know, Anna Kate has become a significant part of my life in the past year. Yes she is nearly 7 years older than me(we get that jaw-dropped look a lot) But she is one of the few people I can truely confide in. ANYWAY, as you know my oldest brother Brandon was in Atlanta at the Sheperd Center for a few months. It was adviced that some family member be there with him at nights after therapy. To give my parents a break, I took a turn down there. Anna Kate and I had always talked about taking a road trip together and being a vacation together. So after weeks of coordinating and planning, in the last week of July, we headed down to south Georgia! HA My mom and younger brother ryan were down there. Dad drove the two of us down there and dropped us off, then the three of them headed back to memphis. Leaving Anna Kate and I to be adventurous young women;) Brandon had Therapy from 8:30 (when breakfast starts, which is part of thereapy) to 2 or 3 in the afternoon. It was from when Therapy ended to when he feel asleep that We had to be there. They would let you go to breakfast with them until 9 o clock. I went every morning with Brandon, Anna Kate went 3 or 4 times in the week, which was fun! Some of our favorite memories are during breakfast. Talking to Brandon after he had had a good night's rest and meeting some of the other patients! Pur Favorite patients are Brandon(DuH!), and Michael(Oh man do I think of him and pray sometimes that his amazing personality is still shining throuh!) Breakfest time was probably my favorite time to spend at the Sheperd Center:) We had some great memories. On our last time Anna Kate and I decided to go out on the town!! Ok, just kidding, but we did decide to have a nice night out for dinner and dessert and even a little shopping! We headed down to downtown Atlanta to a place called Atlantic Station to eat amazing sushi, great cheescake and get some exercise walking around the shops:) So much fun and it was an amazing end to a week i'll never forget!!!

No comments: